FIS 2124 – XLS Voice Installation, Operation and Maintenance
Overview: Learn to install, operate, maintain and program the XLSV integrated voice-evacuation system. A functional description of the system and modules, including single and multiple channel configurations and the various system architectures, will be discussed. A hands-on lab will allow students to work with the hardware as well as the ZEUS configuration tool of the XLSV system.
Participants: Persons responsible for engineering, installing or maintaining an XLS System.
You Will Learn To:
Voice System Basics
• Understand the basic principles of a digital voice system.
• Identify voice hardware.
• Understand the difference between Distributed and Bulk Amplification.
8-Channel Voice Operation
• Understand the concept of 8-channel options.
• Design a voice system with remote enclosures (transponders).
• Navigate through the ZEUS programming tool.
• Apply the various configurations for the voice system.
• Operate an XLS voice panel in emergency and maintenance situations.
Prerequisites: Successful completion of FIS 2114 is required. Knowledge of the ZEUS programming tool is helpful.
Course Length: Four days ending at noon on the fourth day.
Additional Information: Students are required to bring a laptop computer to training.
Click here for more information on registering for this course.