XLS - Installation, Operation and Maintenance
Overview: Learn to install, operate, maintain, test, troubleshoot and wire an XLS FireFinder system. The custom software, ZEUS configuration tool, will be used to transfer customer programs to the XLS system. Changes will be made to installed software during the course.
Participants: Persons responsible for engineering, installing or maintaining an XLS System.
You Will Learn To:
Basic Control Unit
• Acknowledge Alarms, Supervisories, Troubles and Securities at the panel.• Silence the panel.• Reset the panel.
• Install field devices.• Use the Device Programming Unit (DPU).• Add devices to the database using ZEUS programming tool.• Perform electrical installation and checkout.
• Use panel menu functions.• Configure and print reports.• View and change detector sensitivities.• Enable and disable points.
XLS Programming Tool (ZEUS)
• Create an XLS configuration.• Transfer configurations to XLS System.• Update panel and module firmware.
• Construct an XLS System from discrete components.• Operate and test the XLS System.• Test and inspect an XLS System per NFPA 72 Standards.• Troubleshoot an XLS System.
Prerequisites: Working knowledge of addressable fire alarm systems and IBM computers is assumed. Students must complete web-based training before attending this class: FIS 100 (Fire Detection and Alarm System Basics) and FIS 250 (XLS/XLSV Fire Panels and Components).
Course Length: Four days ending at noon on the fourth day.
Additional Information: Students are required to bring a laptop computer to training. The laptop should not have the programming software installed.
Click here for more information on registering for this course.