MXL Voice - Installation, Operation and Maintenance
Overview: Learn to install, operate and maintain an MXLV integrated voice evacuation system. A functional description of the system and modules, including single and multiple channel configurations and the various system architectures, will be taught. Hands-on labs allow students to work with the hardware as well as the Acculink software (CSG-M) of the MXLV system.
Participants: Persons responsible for engineering, installing, maintaining or operating an MXL Voice System.
You Will Learn To:
Voice System Basics
• Understand the basic principles of an analog voice system.• Identify voice hardware.• Understand the difference between Distributed and Bulk Amplification.• Install proper shielding.
• Understand the concept of a 1-, 2-, and 3-channel voice system.• Explain the concepts of various Zone cards used for audio distribution.• Understand Bulk Amplifiers and Supervision.
• Install networks for voice systems including master/remote and peer-to-peer networks.
• Install proper shielding for low-level and high-level audio.
• Operate an MXL Voice panel in emergency and maintenance situations.
Prerequisites: Successful completion of FIS 1114. Knowledge of Acculink software is helpful.
Course Length: Four days ending at noon on the fourth day.
Additional Information: Students are required to bring a laptop computer to training.
Click here for more information on registering for this course.