MXL - Installation, Operation and Maintenance
Overview: Learn to install, operate, maintain, test, troubleshoot and wire an MXL advanced microprocessor-based fire alarm system. The custom software, Acculink (CSG-M), will be used to transfer customer programs to the MXL Fire Alarm System. Simple changes will be made to installed software.
Participants: Persons responsible for engineering, installing or maintaining an MXL system.
You Will Learn To:
Basic Control Unit
• Acknowledge Alarms, Supervisories, Troubles and Securities at the panel.• Silence the panel.• Reset the panel.
• Install field devices.• Use the Device Programming Unit (DPU).• Add devices to the database using Acculink (CSG-M) software.• Perform electrical installation and checkout.
• Use panel menu functions.• Configure and print reports.• View and change detector sensitivities.• Enable and disable points.
MXL Programming Tool (Acculink)
• Create an MXL configuration.• Transfer configuration to MXL Systems.
• Construct an MXL-IQ system from discrete components.• Operate and test the MXL System.• Test and inspect an MXL System per NFPA 72 standards.• Troubleshoot an MXL System.
Prerequisites: Working knowledge of addressable fire alarm systems and IBM computers is assumed. Students must complete web-based training before attending this class: FIS 100 (Fire Detection and Alarm System Basics) and FIS 150 (MXL/MXLV Fire Panels and Components).
Course Length: Four days ending at noon on the fourth day.
Additional Information: Students are required to bring a laptop computer to training.
Click here for more information on registering for this course.