VESDA System Design and Maintenance
Overview: Learn to engineer, design, install, maintain and troubleshoot the VESDA Air Sampling Smoke Detection (ASSD) system.
Participants: Persons responsible for engineering, installing or maintaining VESDA air sampling systems.
You Will Learn To:
• Understand various common applications for ASSD systems.
Codes and Standards
• Identify the NFPA codes and standards for ASSD systems.
• Design, install and commission VESDA systems.• Recognize good and bad system designs.• Understand how to apply ASSD equipment to the risk area.• Test and maintain the systems.• Operate the VESDA unit.
• Install VESDA hardware components.• Understand how components work, including the “pipe” network.
• Install, maintain and operate the various detection models and unites.
• Program, test and troubleshoot the units.• Install remote units.
• Use the operating display to control the air sampling unit.
• Set-up a VESDA-NET.
Pipe Design Programs
• Use the pipe design program (Aspire) to validate the air sampling designs.
Course Length: Four days ending at noon on the last day.
Additional Information: Students are required to bring a laptop computer to training.
Click here for more information on registering for this course.