Overview: Learn basic HVAC concepts and how they apply to buildings.
Participants: Building personnel who need a basic introduction to HVAC concepts as applied to their building.
You Will Learn To:
• Calculate basic CFM/BTU requirements.
Heating and Cooling Systems
• Identify and describe major systems at your site for heating and cooling.
Warm and Cold Air Production and Distribution
• Trace the path of warm and cold air from its source to its final distribution into rooms and other spaces.• Describe the specific equipment at your site for heating and cooling.• Describe the type of terminal equipment at your site, if any, for the distribution of warm and cold air.
Room and Building Pressurization
• Discuss why pressurization in an entire building and in specific spaces is important.• Identify any special-needs area you have, such as: labs, computer rooms, process areas, etc.
• Explain how air is filtered at your facility.
Mechanical Equipment Terminal Equipment
• Identify mechanical and terminal equipment at your facility.
Course Length: 4 – 6 hours
Contact your local Siemens Building Technologies branch for more information.