Fume Hood and Laboratory Room Controls
Overview: Learn to monitor and control laboratory spaces using the Insight building automation system. This class includes hands-on exercises using full-size fume hoods in a laboratory set-up.
Participants: Advanced users who need skills to monitor laboratory controls.
You Will Learn To:
• Define the purpose of a Fume Hood.• Identify components of a Fume Hood.• Identify Siemens Fume Hood Controls.
Fume Hood ControlStrategy
• Describe the function of the Fume Hood Controller (FHC).• Identify components of the Fume Hood Exhaust Terminal.• Interpret the readings on an Operator Display Panel.• Learn the sequence of operation for various FHCs.
Lab Room ControlStrategy
• Describe the operation of a Lab and Pressurized Room Controller with Off-Board Air Velocity Sensor (LCM-OAVS).• Describe how a LCM-OAVS controls room pressurization, ventilation, and temperature.• Monitor and command sub-points of a LCM-OAVS.
Room PressurizationControl and Monitoring
• Describe the sequence of operation for Room Pressurization Control.• Describe the sequence of operation of the Differential Pressure Monitor and Room Pressure Monitor.
• Use the Insight workstation to monitor and command subpoints.• Setup points for trend.
Compliance SupportOption (CSO)
• Setup points as supervised points.• Identify which points are supervised.
Prerequisites: Insight Workstation I (ST 6203) or Accelerated Insight Master Operator Program (ST 6909) or BACnet Environment for Skilled Insight Users (ST 7104) or Accelerated Insight with BACnet Master Operator Program (ST 7909).
Course Length: Four days ending at noon on the fourth day.
Additional Information: This class is only offered at our training center located in Buffalo Grove, Illinois.
Click here for more information on registering for this course.