Field Panel and FLN Operations
Overview: Learn to monitor and control building systems locally from field panels and FLN devices using Datamate Advanced. Insight workstations are used to monitor and command FLN devices.
Participants: System users who need skills to control and monitor building control systems from Field Panels and terminal equipment controllers.
You Will Learn:
• Identify and network Automation Level Network (ALN) Building Level Network (BLN) and Field Level Network (FLN) devices.
• Perform database backup and restoration for BLN and FLN devices.• Communicate with ALN/BLN and FLN devices.
• Use Point Monitor, Point Log and Sub-point Log to display point information.• Command points at the ALN/BLN and FLN levels.• Describe point addressing schemes for ALN/BLN and FLN devices.
FLN Device Applications
• Analyze the sequence of operations for VAV, Constant Volume, Heat Pump and Unit Ventilator applications.
FLN Device Operations
• Command and monitor sub-points at TEC and Field Panels.• Display FLN information at the field panel.• Use an Insight workstation to command and release sub-points.• Run reports at the Insight workstation to view sub-points.
TEC Communications and Startup
• Identify and describe the function of and interaction between the different memory types in TECs.• Identify the three types of sub-points in TECs.
Automation Level Network/ Building Level Network
• Describe DDC networking concepts.• Interpret LED indicator action.
Prerequisites: Insight Workstation I (ST 6203) or BACnet Environment for Skilled Insight Users.
Course Length: Four days ending at noon on the fourth day.
Additional Information: This course includes Insight FLN operations and additional FLN device applications. The training uses both Insight and Datamate Advanced software.
Click here for more information on registering for this course.