Insight Workstation I
Overview: Learn to operate system tools and interpret information about your facility that is available at the Insight Workstation.
Participants: Building operators, maintenance personnel or others who need skills for day-to-day operation of an APOGEE system.
What You Will Learn To:
HVAC Concepts (DDC)
• Describe a basic HVAC system.
• Recognize communication path between physical device and definition of point (DDC).
Alarms and Network Messages
• Treat an active point in alarm.• Sort point alarms and view alarm history.• Add a point memo and recognize information text.
• Identify systemic issues utilizing alarm history for a point in alarm.
• Navigate Insight graphics.
• Command points that are displayed on a graphic.
• Manage alarms from a graphic.
• Identify the four basic point types.
• View a Point Information Block Group.
• Open a Word document from a graphic.
• Describe Distributed Digital Control (DDC).• Interpret BLN messages and identify hardware components.
• Describe the System Profile Application.
Point Evaluation, Command and Control
• Run a Panel Point Log Report from the Insight main menu.• Utilize Object Selector to configure a Report.• Describe how commanding a point affects building operations.• Describe point status indicators.
• Run and interpret a Panel Trend Data Detail Report.• Run and interpret a trend collection.• Run trend data detail report.
• Interpret the operations of an existing schedule.
• Explain how schedules automate the regular processes of a facility.
• Explain how to modify the normal operating schedule.
• Explain the difference between historical, dynamic and combined dynamic plots.
• Navigate and search BT University learning options.• Access technical documentation for Siemens automation products.
• Perform Insight Workstation functions in response to "real world" scenarios presented throughout the course.
Prerequisites: It is strongly recommended that participants have some PC experience in order to receive maximum benefit from the training.
Course Length: Three days ending at 4:30 pm on the third day.
Additional Information: For experienced operators, we offer a web-based tool to test your knowledge of the information taught in this class. The tool is available on ES Online at no cost.
Click here for more information on registering for this course.